rDS works with clients to offer design services for commercial, residential, and institutional outdoor spaces.
As a licensed contractor with 20+ years of experience working with the various topographic conditions of Los Angeles, Miriam Rainville is available to consult on projects at an hourly fee. Her areas of expertise include:
- Soil amendments
- Planting with water-wise materials
- City and county code research and process management
- Irrigation review and ef ciency evaluation
- Selecting appropriate materials for hardscape, lighting, re features, water features, outdoor furniture
- Post-installation plant care and maintenance guides
After walking the site and establishing a client’s priorities, rDS will work with the governing city and/or Homeowner’s Association to develop plans that are legally sound and approved for build. Clients are involved in every step of the process and will approve the phases as follows:
Phase 1: Schematic Drawings
- Determine, check, and con rm program requirements of the project with owner to establish owner’s goals and objectives.
- Determine project constraints such as governmental codes, zoning ordinances and regulations, budget, site conditions, time limitations, etc.
- Provide conceptual drawings, images, sketches and other documents that illustrate the scale and relationship of the project components. These drawings shall include a site plan, typically provided at 1/8” scale in the form of a digital PDF and presented by rDS to the client in a review meeting.
Phase 2: Design Development
- Obtain tentative project approval from regulatory agencies such as Building or Planning departments, if required.
- Develop more detailed drawings to establish the character of the site, including erosion control, material specification and other essential elements to build the project.
Phase 3:Construction Drawings
- Prepare a planting plan with legend.
- Based on owner-approved Phase 2 drawings, a detailed construction document set, including irrigation and lighting plans, will be provided for bidding and construction.
rDS provides Construction Management Services after the final phase of design work is completed. Hiring rDS to build a plan ensures that the original design vision remains intact and the physical materials match those specified in the plan.